No time for friends
I met Nim for coffee last night. She was rather busy SMS’ing the newly met BF for basically the whole night. I could tell 80% of her attention wasn’t at the coffee table, chit-chatting with me, rather she was thinking of her BF whom she just met 3 months ago. Sometimes, I do wonder if what many claimed that whenever a person is attached, he or she will no longer have time for their friends. I didn’t believe this until I experienced it myself last night. Nim didn’t reject my request to come out for coffee but her body language told me that her mind was at elsewhere. Throughout the whole coffee session, she was busy receiving, reading, giggling to herself and replying SMSes to the BF. Believe me, I do have the urge to pay the bill and leave the café at once but my mind tells me it’s rude to do that. Not sure about how others may think but to me, friends are important till my last day on earth. I couldn’t possibly live without them. I simply don’t get why can’t you still have friends after you’ve found your Ms. or Mr. Right.

3 Comments:
Dearest Kewlgal,
Would that be a reasonable comment to your posting if I say, I have no comment?! ;)
well said. nowadays, i hardly meet up with my friends anymore. it's just too exhaustive to arrange for a get-together. i'm glad we still meet up even though it's not as often as i would like it to be.
priorities change, much as that sucks - it's the truth.
Post a Comment
<< Home